Relays don't operate

Questions about our IOT solution and products. This includes QK-Gxx series and QK-Wxx series products

Relays don't operate

Postby Tobles » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:42 pm

Hello all,
After more than a year working without problems, now, power relays and RF don't work. (QK-G022)
The voltage used is 12.2V, the SIM card has credit and it hasn't any message. Also, I have tried 3 different SIMs.
When a message is sent, the leds indicate the reception. If I operate INT1 or INT2, the message is sent to the mobile phone as expected.
What do you think that could be happening?
Thank you in advance.
Best regards,
Tobles

Re: Relays don't operate

Postby admin » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:51 am

Hello do you mean all relays and RF sockets not working or just one of them? Our first thought is the power supply issue. Can you check if the power is still above 11.8V?
admin
Site Admin

Postby Tobles » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:35 am

Hello, indeed, none works. The voltage is 12,2 V.
Activating INT1-INT2, the corresponding relay works and sends a message
Tobles

Postby admin » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:14 pm

Thanks for your information.
'Activating INT1-INT2, the corresponding relay works and sends a message'------Do you mean the relays go back to NC status? If so, how did you switch it from NC to NO if the relay doesn't work at all? Can you provide more details please.
Can you also confirm how did you send the command, through APP or send by SMS?
Also, can you send 'WHOACTIVE' ,'DQSJ', 'RMODE' and provide the reply message please.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Tobles » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:19 am

Hi,
I've measured 12.2 V with two different power supplies, so I'm sure the power supply is not the issue.

I've tried both using the APP and sending SMSs, but none of them work. When I send 'WHOACTIVE', 'DQSJ' and 'RMODE' doesn't reply anything at all ever.

I'm activating INT1 by hand, shortcircuiting GND with INT1, in that case the device sends a SMS saying that this input has been activated and also trigger the corresponding relay (checked with the tester).

When I send an SMS to the device, the red LED stops blinking and stays ON for some seconds, but doesn't do anything at all.

Thanks
Tobles

Postby admin » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:26 pm

Thanks. Your explanation is very helpful. Now it looks like your mobile phone doesn't register well with QK-G021, can you please re-registered(by sending 888888) again to see any changes.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Tobles » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:54 pm

Thanks, I've already tried re-registering the phone several times. I've also registered an extra phone to make sure it's working and when I trigger the relay by hand I get the SMS on both phones, in the main one and in the aux one.
Tobles

Postby admin » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:56 pm

Can you send the SIM number to us(maybe by email, eng@quark-elec.com ), and then we will use our remote debug software to see more details.
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:32 pm

Hello, you module has been tested through our remote debug system. We did not see any problem with it. With your SIM, our system can register as the main SIM and 1st additional SIM. Each SIM can remotely control the relay on or off. All command works well with proper reply messages. We don't think there is any problem with it. Please double check at your site. Below are couple of images of the test record.
Attachments
2.jpg
Quark-elec QK-G022 test
2.jpg (38.18 KiB) Viewed 1087 times
1.jpg
Quark-elec QK-G021 debug
1.jpg (39.77 KiB) Viewed 1087 times
admin
Site Admin

Postby Tobles » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:35 am

Thank you, you are right it is now working again