Additional user not works on QK-G022

Any questions about our QK-Gxx series products can be post here, our technical team will reply you.

Additional user not works on QK-G022

Postby admin2 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:13 am

I purchased a QK-G022 recently from your online shop, got it set up in Bournemouth and it works perfectly from my office. Unfortunately, it won't work from either of my customers phones. I have set them up using the BDn(mobilenumber)F command and when I check with WHORED, their numbers are shown correctly. However, when they text DKY1 to the unit, nothing happens. When I do it, it works! There must be some issue with the BDn(mobilenumber)F part of the system. Should it be their mobile number or their 19 digit SIM card number? My customers are very elderly and ill, so need to be able to switch their heating on remotely, and as the weather is getting colder, they are getting more worried. Please let me know how to resolve this.
admin2

Re: Additional user not works on QK-G022

Postby admin » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:02 am

Thank you for your information. It looks like the problem is coming from the improper mobile number format. We know different operator may use different SIM number format.
For example, your number is 07896659xxx, at the operator side your number could be saved as: 07896659xxx or 00447896659xxx or +447896659xxx. For security reason, these three numbers are different for QK-G021. So only one of them can work.
The best way to know which format the operator used is using your SIM send a SMS to another user and check his message list(better don't use smart phone, as these smart phone maybe change the number format automatically). This issue has been discussed in our forum couple of times and the issues are all solved by the above way.
Good luck and keep us updated.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Additional user not works on QK-G022

Postby admin2 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:05 pm

All sorted, thanks. Just changed the prefix from 0 to +44.
admin2

Return to GSM remote controller products