Auto turn off after 30mins

Questions about our IOT solution and products. This includes QK-Gxx series and QK-Wxx series products

Auto turn off after 30mins

Postby snoop6060 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:56 pm

Is is it possible to have a relay close 30mins after it is triggered?

Thanks
Simon
snoop6060

Re: Auto turn off after 30mins

Postby admin » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:03 am

Hi Simon,
The usual maximum delay time is 90 seconds, 30 mins would not be possible. However, if you can send us some more details on how you are using the system - are you using latch mode or locking mode, what are you controlling, what is it connected to etc. (photos of your set up often help) we will see if we can come up with a solution fr you.
admin
Site Admin

Postby snoop6060 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:02 pm

Simple really, see my other post about Alexa. I am using the controller to remotely trigger things in my camper van.

One if the heated seats, one is the heater. If triggered, I want them to auto off after 30mins in case for whatever reason I do not get in the van. Even if I do get in the van, both of these circuits have a switch/controller that the quark relay is simply overriding to turn them on so I want to use those normally once in the van. I could of course wire (another) switch into this circuit but I am not keen on doing that.

Why is the max 90seconds? Is this a memory limitation on the instruction or just a adhoc upper limit that was decided?

BTW - this could be done with improvements in the IOS app. Since you can set an ON and OFF time for each relay, with a better interface you could simply have a button that turns a relay on for 30mins, or whatever time the user specifies. It would invole the app sending 2 SMS, which is a bit clunky, but it would largely be transparent if the app did the time calculation based on the current time on the phone.

Interesting question, can you send 2 instructions in one SMS? I could fix this myself if so :). If not, you should add this functionality on the next release. I did notice the controller will take the instruction regardless of other text in the SMS as I was controlling it via twitter briefly. (EG: blah blah blah DKY1 blah blah), this was useful.
snoop6060

Postby admin » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:40 am

Hi Snoop, thanks for getting back to us with what you acheived with the Alexa, (full disclosure - I also have a camper so doubly interested) keep the interesting question coming and I'll see if I can find you some answers!
admin
Site Admin

Return to Remote Control Solution/Products