Use from overseas

Any questions about our QK-Gxx series products can be post here, our technical team will reply you.

Use from overseas

Postby trunxson » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:56 am

I am wanting to replace the well known RTU5024, I need the extra relays the QK offers. I will locate my QK-Go22 in the UK and want to be sure it will operate from Malaysia using sms on my mobile phone there, and that relay status are returned on international numbers.
I am also a bit concerned to read in this forum about the controller falling asleep and I wonder if that has been totally resolved.
trunxson

Re: Use from overseas

Postby admin » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:00 am

Hi Trunxson,

If you are using RTU5024 now, then yes, our QK-G022 is the module you should choose. You can use it from Malaysia as long as you use the right SMS number format (different network suppliers use different formats and there are three different formats you can use, this topic has been discussed elsewhere in this forum). Check it works before you leave the UK and you should not have problems in Malaysia as long as you can send an SMS there successfully .

The falling asleep issue was resolved in 2015. All modules purchased after July 2015 will not have that problem.
Hope that helps!
admin
Site Admin

Postby trunxson » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:31 pm

This is good news thank you
trunxson

Postby Mcniel » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:19 am

That's great to hear as i'll be traveling around soon too.
Mcniel

Return to GSM remote controller products